Choosing a Landscaping Company
Choosing a landscaping company to assist you in
transforming your property into your dream landscape is a significant decision. The answers
to the following questions will help you make an informed decision as you begin searching for a
landscape company that works well with you and for you.
• How long has the company been in business?
• How quickly do they respond to phone calls?
• Does the company have insurance and is it licensed?
• What type of professional memberships/certifications does the company have?
• What type of warranty comes with the plant material and workmanship?
• Do they employ qualified people in each particular area of expertise? i.e. landscape design,
lighting, irrigation, hardscape installation
• Does the company have sufficient equipment to execute your job?
• Does the company’s representatives and equipment reflect a safe and professional appearance
(company uniforms, trucks in good working order, etc.)?
• Will the company give you references from satisfied customers?
• Does the company have a good reputation for dependability? Capacity? Ability? Timeliness
One of the most important aspects of choosing a landscape contractor comes from your intuition. What
was you initial perception of the company and the individuals you spoke to? Did your potential project
seem important to them or did you have to make multiple phone calls before getting any response?
Remember, if you are less than satisfied from your first impression, you will probably be less than satisfied
with the final product.
Chesapeake Landscape & Design maintains an A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau.
© 2007-2011 Chesapeake Landscape & Design, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.